Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Cool Running

Today I was the one pulling my husband out of bed! We stayed up late watching a movie last night so we were getting a late start. But when I checked the thermometer it was still only 67 degrees, I knew we had to take advantage of running in that kind of coolness!!
Wednesdays are speed runs. We did intervals of relaxed running for 3 minutes and then running fast for 1 minute. It was a pleasant run. My husband was kind enough to slow down to my pace, so we got to run side by side. I really enjoyed that. We talked a little and negotiated the hills together. Once again, I really felt like I was relaxed during those three minutes, just like the walking used to be. I recovered from the sprint and re-energized for the next one. We both felt like we could've run a little further today by the end.
I drank before I ran today and I never felt nauseated. Of course, it wasn't as hot, either.
We are looking forward to Friday's run. That will be our fun run. 30 minutes running wherever and however we want! Yesterday I did 20 minutes of cross training on some workout equipment. I think I prefer swimming or biking for cross-training.

No comments: