Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Getting in the Groove Again

Today was the day. I was resolved to get back in the groove. Thank goodness, I told my husband and mother-in-law I would be running because it is so easy not to follow through when you haven't told anybody you will!
Mondays are tempo runs, 8 minutes at race pace and then five minutes recovering with a brisk walk. I did a warm up jog and then made it through my first 8 minutes running well. I definitely needed the entire 5 minute recovery time! Then I started on my second 8 minutes. I think I pushed a little too hard on this one. We are supposed to run at level between 7-9 on a 1-10 scale. It should be uncomfortable, but not nauseating. After about 4 and a half minutes I was beginning to feel nauseated! So I stopped running and walked the rest of my route. After about 2 minutes of walking, I felt normal again. When I was finished, I grabbed a hose and cooled off my skin and got a good drink. I did not drink before I ran because I don't like to get all sloshy. I think in this heat, I will have to drink a little.

No comments: