Saturday, July 21, 2007

Here's Looking at You, Kids!!

Today was a great morning at the Greenville iRUN. I brought my daughter Abbey and had settled myself to running her pace. Several other little girls were also there this morning, so we made a group run of it. Those little girls were fast. They had a hard time with pacing and running long distance, but they kicked up the dust when they sprinted!! So we did a lot of running in spurts. The girls even did some trail running! All I have to say is “Watch out world!” If they can do this when they are 6 and 8, what will they be doing when they are my age?
Since we got back a little early, I got to see my mother-in-law finish running her first 30 minutes without stopping!! I had the privilege of coaching her though her last four minutes. We were conversing about Harry Potter and other things when she reminded me how she could barely get through 2 minutes without gasping for air just 9 weeks ago! She made it to 30 minutes and looked positively wonderful! Way to go!!
We have all come so far. Next Saturday morning is our celebration run and party. 10 weeks will have taken us from our couches to running 30 minutes without stopping, wow!!

No comments: